Thursday, October 24, 2013

October Writing Projects

I've spent this month writing.  November is Nanobook writing month.  I'm not participating in Nanobook this year.  I'm taking a slower approach suggested by Chris Bauer.  I'm writing at least a page a day/4 times a week.  I'm now at 18,400 words/110 pages for Straits of Magellan.  If I keep up with the writing.  I should have about 55,000 words done by the end of December 2014.  That's the goal. 

I have been editing my finished work.  I got done revising Kepler Falling for about the tenth time.  I'm now working on Price of Command.  This should be the last time I revise Price of Command before I send it off to be professionally edited.  I'm trying to decided on where I should send it.  A friend of mine once suggested the editors of Romantic Times.  I could also try locally, too.  I just don't want to pay for return postage for the manuscript.  That will be expensive.  I should do that sometime this spring. 

I do have another novel to read and critique for WUTA Big Books.  I won't mess around with that until Saturday.  I'll try and get most of the manuscript read this coming week.  I'm also trying to make a dent in the backlog of books I need to finish.  There are now eight books.  I'm about half-way done with a book on The Arab-Israeli Wars by Chaim Herzog.  I'll post  a review of it on my gaming blog when I'm done with it.

Until then, good writing...
Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment