Sunday, August 9, 2015

Lamenting lack of writing and progress on the book pile: part 2

I finally wrote some this past week on my Mongol invasion story/novel/novella.  It's about 20,000 words now.  I don't know how long it's going to take to finish the rough draft.  I'm not writing that much on it.  I'm lucky to get 1,250 words/per week.  Sometimes, it's more like a 1,000 words/per week.

I started working on it in March 2015.  I thought it would have progressed into more by now.  I know what I want to write.  It's just a matter of doing it.  My father's illness threw a wrench into things.  At the rate I'm going, I don't expect to get done until spring 2016.  I could get done faster if I put some effort into it.

However, with everything going on right now, I don't see that happening...

That can also be said about my book pile.  I got little reading done in my current novel, Unbreakable, this weekend.  I should be pulling out my hair.  I have about six other hard copies to read.  Plus another dozen ebooks.  As the way things stand, I'll never get done.  Unless something changes.  Still, I need to make a more concentrated effort to catch up with my pleasure reading and stop adding to my reading pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment