Saturday, September 26, 2015

Literary Agent Hunt, Query Letters, and New Authors/Books to read

I spent the week writing a query letter and putting together a database of literary agents, authors, and books they represent.  I wanted to be authors I'd read or heard.  I wasted a lot of ink printing things out.  I finally got a small list assembled.  Some of the agents represent several authors I'd read.  I was told to have a list of at least 50-100 possible agents.  God, that'll kill me, lol!

Here's a list of authors and books I need to eventually read:

Ben Bova's Orion and King Arthur; John Scalzi's Old Man's War; Ann Leckie's Ancillary Justice; Philip Jose Farmer's Doc Savage; R.M. Meluch's The Twice and Future Caesar; Robert Jordan's Wheel of TIme, Set #1; Gini Koch's Alien vs. Alien.

I now have about a dozen different sci-fi/fantasy books to read, along with these.  I'd be lucky to get one read a month.  I might be caught up on all my reading by the time I get Kepler Falling through WUTA and Big Books in two years.  It will take me that long to get done with my reading list...

However, I'll see about getting a query letter to WUTA one of these days. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment