Sunday, January 10, 2016

New Years 2016 writing projects...

I've spent the past month writing.  I talked to my brother in Columbia, MO.  He's getting back to work in his sci-fi/noir detective novel.  He's only got it halfway revised.  He needs to write the rest.  I hope it's better than his first revision.  The technical aspects were great.  He's awesome with his descriptions and settings.  But I wanted to kill his characters.  They had little redeeming value.  Hopefully, that changed, lol...

I've been working on the rough draft of a new story.  It's speculative fiction.  Hard speculative fiction.  It's been a challenge to write.  I hope I can get 50,000 words out of it.  Right now, I'm at 30,000 words.  In involves a Scandinavian interstellar expedition to a world some 5,000 light years away.

The second story I outlined is a steampunk story set in South Africa at the time of the second Boer War.  I just wrote the beginning of it.  I'd like to get back to it when I get the speculative fiction novel done sometime this spring.  I also rewrote a satire/horror story piece that had one a prize in an anthology years ago.  Unfortunately, I lost the original work and had to rewrite it...

Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment