Sunday, July 31, 2016

New writing project....

I'm doing a final edit of Kepler Falling.  Afterwards, I'm shelving the manuscript.  There are several reasons for this.  One is the subject of the novel.  Second is what happens during the conflict and how different groups might perceive thing.

Given today's political climate, I felt best not to get the manuscript published.  Maybe sometime in the future when cooler heads prevail...

However, I'm working on a new writing project.  This involves a steampunk story set during the Boer War.  I'd like to get at least 50,000 words out of it.  It'll be a short manuscript.  That's okay.  I'd outline the story back in January 2016 and then shelved it and the plot outline until this month.  I started working again on things last week.  I have 2000 words so far.  I'd like to write 500 words per week.  4 times a day week for 2000 words per week.  That means I'll have a manuscript completed in about six months...

Getting back to Kepler Falling.  I'd been working on the manuscript for ten odd years.  It was my baby.  It's hard to be objective and know when to let things go.  This is one of those times, unfortunately.

Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment