Monday, June 12, 2017

Recent writing...

Sorry for my blogging lapse.  I've spent the previous months getting manuscripts ready for publication and taking some writing workshops.  Most of the work I've submitted has been rejected.  I need to find new short story and novella markets for my speculative fiction.

I took a workshop called The First Five Pages by Jeffrey Ricker.  I found out I needed to completely rewrite my novel, Kepler Falling.  That project started in May 2017.  I should be done with it by the end of the year.  I'll need to go though and then line and copy edit my work.  That's another 3-6 months worth of work....

Needless to say, I've been rewriting since then.  I haven't had time to write anything new.  I spent several months reediting novellas and a short story.  They are need of critiques from my local writers group.  It will take the next six months to get through two novellas.  Right now, I'm working on editing a chapbook of poetry.

I've also been reading.  I signed up for a reading challenge on Goodreads.com back in January 2017.  I'm 2/3 the way through my book pledge.  I need to read more each week in order to clear my book pile by the end of 2019.  That is the goal.  Whether that happens remains to be seen...

Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment